Going on holiday with your dog or cat in Provence
You want to spend your holidays in Provence but not without your faithful companion?
To enjoy your holidays in complete serenity with your little companions, here are a few tips.
Getting well prepared before you leave
- Your dog or cat needs to be microchipped, have a pet passport and be vaccinated against rabies
- You need to allow at least 4 months between the vaccination and your travel to France
- 10 days before traveling, you need yo get an EU health Certificate
- Remember to worm your pet
- Make sure he’s up to date on his anti-parasite treatment
- Protect your dog/cat from mosquitoes that can transmit leishmaniasis and dirofilariasis
What to watch out for during your stay
- In our welcome booklet you will find the number of the nearest veterinary surgeon as well as the emergency service open 24 hours a day and 7 days a week in the Alpilles region
- As soon as you arrive, familiarize your pet with its new environment
- Beware of heat stroke! In Provence, temperatures can easily go up to 40°C. Remember to leave a bowl of fresh water for your pet
- Our swimming pools are treated with chlorine and salt, they should not be used to cool your pet. We provide you with a hose connected to the tap water on our terraces that you can use for refreshing your pet
- Beware of processional caterpillars when you are out and about!
- Be vigilant on July 14th, the fireworks fired for the evening of the National Holiday can be a source of stress for your pet
To prepare your stay with your pet beforehand and if you understand French, we invite you to consult the 100% digital platform of the foundation 30 millions d’amis. Simple to use, this platform gives you personalised advice according to your pet and your destination. There is also a mobile application that allows you to consult the various tips from your holiday destination.
If your cat can stay alone at the villa, your dog would like to visit the region with you. And he’s right, because Provence is a dog-friendly region with large green spaces. It is ideal for long walks with your faithful companion. In the Parc Naturel Régional des Alpilles, dogs are allowed on hiking trails if they are kept on a leash.
Finally, at Ma Villa en Provence, our four-legged friends are welcome. Two of our villas are ready to welcome them: Villa Rolo (Maussane-les-Alpilles) and Villa Miréio (Maillane). Just let us know when you make your reservation!
To benefit from our best rates, book now or contact us !